Examples of this error:
- "If they ground me, they'll be sorry.'
- "I can't stand my boss telling me what to do."
- "I'm not going to let my girlfriend have her way. I'm not going to party with her."
1. Choose one day this week and list every situation when you thought or tried to control someone.
2. Then put yourself in their place. How would being controlled make you feel?
3. What can I say to myself to stop myself from controlling others?
This worksheet was developed for the Thinking Error Worksheet Manual. Please request permission before printing or reproducing the worksheet. A PDF version of this worksheet is available for: